Sunday, January 9, 2011

COSTFUL BUT WORTHLESS

 
To a thought of advertising now I believe, everything in the world is now beginning to publicize through advertisement. Not only things but people are now sold again and again through brands and local public seems to be satisfied by owning their own sample of branded people right at their homes. Advertisements seem to make most of us brand conscious which is unconsciously injected in ourselves through advertising policies and why not it should!!
Advertising is an art way of selling half of the product at homes by following different advertising strategies to attract consumers. As I am very much fond of new ads, I usually spare hours watching new ads on you tube. Whenever, I am caught into any kinda enigma it reminds me of a long list of ads I am still trying to understand. Yes, advertising in an art sense is not only product publicity but actually a brilliant layout of changes around we have never thought of. Even it was not only multifarious innovative ads that inspired me but some simple ads have enough flexibility to exert a pull on me. And now I firmly think that advertising talent does not depend on huge ad cost, brand persons or ad time but the theme, structure and point of link to the product in every ad plays the most important part to make people look beyond their vision.
How can one talk and point out on international advertisers, so can’t I… let’s begin with the local ads, I hardly bear watching. Pakistani advertising think tank is now working on the same idea and point of theme which makes all the ads less innovative and muddled up for the viewers to think what is to be focused? Brand Product, Brand People (in the ads) or Brand people Costumes. Let’s start with xyz cellular network ad I saw two years back which stretched from 5 to 8 minutes, expanding another pointless element to the ad. This time it was not only brand people of the ad or brand costumes but brand product song took my temperament to burst badly. And so it is persisted even today, when I just saw another xyz biscuit ad with the same theme that revolves around one family (brand people+ heavily dressed up) and nothing less than brand song of course. There are several other major and minor ads following this cost full but worthless ad plot.
This situation now leads us as a viewer to watch the ads more for the dance; costumes and yes of course brand faces and least to laugh out, ending up thinking what product ad it was!! I seriously now think and want to try convincing the advertisers to stop sensationalizing public and bring their heads off these stereo type plots. Advertising industry should hire creative brains to introduce products in an innovative way. More but lastly, How can the audience intellect pick the new trends and its very right use to change things beyond our vision, if ingenious advertisers will put their brains only to float glamour in the ads.

No comments:

Post a Comment